How can Murphy Library help you do your absolute best during finals week? Use the resources below to keep your study groove going:
Free Coffee (while supplies last) – Dining Services and Murphy Library are providing free coffee in Murphy’s Mug cafe. Times are:
- Monday, May 8 – 10:00 pm (while supplies last)
- Tuesday, May 9 – 10:00 pm (while supplies last)
Pet a Therapy Dog – Therapy Dogs from the Coulee Region Humane Society will be available for petting on the first floor of the library. Times are:
- Monday, May 8 – 1pm to 3pm – Casey and Oliver (Goldendoodle)
- Tuesday, May 9 – 1pm to 3pm – Judy and Muffin (Shih Tzu Mix)
- Wednesday, May 10 – 1pm to 3pm – Erin and Cece (Yellow Lab)
Extended Hours – The library stays open later during finals week.See all hours here.
- Saturday, May 6, the library is open until midnight (instead of 8:00 p.m.).
- Sunday – Wednesday, the library is open until 2:00 a.m.
Silent Study Room – that’s right, this room is 100% silent. It’s Room 12, along the west wall of the library basement. The room seats 8 people, and everyone in the room takes a vow of silence, including no talking, whispering, cell phones, etc.!
Quiet Study and Group Study Areas – Use the library floorplans to identify officially-designated quite areas and group study rooms. Room 121 on the first floor will be open in the evenings as an additional study area.
Individual Study Rooms – These small rooms are along the walls on the east side of the basement. While some of these are reserved, others are open and available on a walk-up basis.
Extra Computers – During finals week, the library will open the instruction classroom, which is Room 30 in the basement. It’s like another computer lab, except there is no printer in the room.