On 1 April 2012, IEEE will release the new IEEE Business Platform, a suite of applications powered by a new services-oriented architecture which includes key enhancements to IEEE Xplore, Member Join and Renewal, and the individual account profile management.
While many new features will be added to IEEE Xplore with this release, there are two important items to note:
1. IEEE Account (personal account) user name change: After the launch, individuals signing in with an IEEE Account user name (the personal account user name which is used to set individual preferences) will be prompted to change their current user name to their e-mail address. Institutional user names and access are not affected and will remain the same.
2. Saved Searches and Search History will be deleted: All current saved searches and search history records will be DELETED with this release. We encourage all users to copy and paste their saved searches into a document so they can recreate the search after launch. IEEE has communicated to all saved search alert holders about this change. Table of Contents alerts are not affected and will remain active.
New features incorporated into IEEE Xplore with this release include:
- Enhanced and more streamlined abstract page
- Enhanced browsing by title with the inclusion of refinements
- More prominent institutional branding
- New placement of sign-in links for personal accounts and institutional accounts
- New and improved IEEE personal account registration process
- New citation diagram
- And more
Learn more about the new features at www.ieee.org/newieeexplore
Questions? Comments? Please let me know,
jholman at uwlax dot edu
Electronic Resources/Periodicals Librarian