Welcome to new and continuing students. We hope your semester is off to a great start!
What’s new at Murphy Library this semester?
- Some restrooms have been remodeled (apologies if a little last-minute work is still being done) and the library now has a gender-neutral restroom in the basement, along the south wall. Check the floor plans to see locations of restrooms and other facilities.
- Scanners have been removed from individual computers and have been replaced with central scanners on the first floor and on the second floor. These, like the printers, are managed by UW-L’s IT division. Learn more at the ITS Pay-for Print webpage.
- Reference Universe (new last spring) provides access to Murphy Library’s many online and print reference works including subject encyclopedias and handbooks.
- Social Explorer is an online research tool that provides access to historical census data and demographic information. It includes interactive tools to create and share maps, presentations and tables, or compare and analyze data and discover facts.
- LGBT Thought and Culture is an online resource hosting books, periodicals, and archival materials documenting LGBT political, social and cultural movements throughout the twentieth century and into the present day.
- Periodicals Archive Online includes backfiles of scholarly periodicals in the arts, humanities and social sciences, providing access to the searchable full text of hundreds of titles. The database spans more than two centuries of content, 37 key subject areas, and multiple languages.
Let us know if you have questions about any of these or other resources.