How can Murphy Library help you do your absolute best during finals week? Use the resources below to keep your study groove going:
Free Coffee (while supplies last) – Dining Services and Murphy Library are providing free coffee in Murphy’s Mug cafe. Times are:
- Monday, May 7 – 10:00 pm (while supplies last)
- Tuesday, May 8 – 10:00 pm (while supplies last)
Pet a Therapy Dog – Judy will bring her therapy dog, Muffin, from the Coulee Region Humane Society for petting on the first floor of the library. Times are:
- Monday, May 7 – 12:30 to 3pm
- Wednesday, May 9 –12:30 to 3pm
Extended Hours – The library stays open later during finals week.See all hours here.
- Saturday, May 5, the library is open until midnight (instead of 8:00 p.m.).
- Sunday – Thursday, May 9, the library is open until 2:00 a.m.
- Friday, May 10, special hours begin. See the Library Hours page for specifics.
Silent Study Room – that’s right, this room is 100% silent. It’s Room 12, along the west wall of the library basement. The room seats 8 people, and everyone in the room takes a vow of silence, including no talking, whispering, cell phones, etc.!
Quiet Study and Group Study Areas – Use the library floorplans to identify officially-designated quite areas and group study rooms. Room 121 on the first floor will be open in the evenings as an additional study area.
Individual Study Rooms – These small rooms are along the walls on the east side of the basement. While some of these are reserved, others are open and available on a walk-up basis.
Extra Computers – During the last weeks of the semester, the library will open the instruction classroom, which is Room 30 in the basement. It’s like another computer lab, except there is no printer in the room.