How can Murphy Library help you do your absolute best during finals week? Use the resources below to keep your study groove going:
Free Coffee (while supplies last) – Dining Services and Murphy Library are providing free coffee in Murphy’s Mug cafe. Times are:
- 10:00 p.m. Monday, May 9
- 10:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 10
Pet a Therapy Dog (and cat) – Therapy Dogs from the Coulee Region Humane Society will be available for petting on the first floor of the library. Time are:
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm, Monday, May 9th – Therapy cat
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm, Tuesday, May 10th – Two Terrier mixes
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm, Wednesday, May 11th – Goldendoodle
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm, Thursday, May 12th – German Shepherd
Zen Den – de-stress with yoga, guided meditation, active listening, coloring mandalas, painting on Buddha boards, and similar. All activities are in Room 121 on the first floor of the library.
- Yoga (the floor is carpeted, but feel free to bring a mat)
- 11:00 am, Monday, May 9
- 11:00 am, Tuesday, May 10
- Guided Meditation/Active Listening times are:
- 10:00 – 11:00 am, Tuesday, May 10
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm, Wednesday, May 11
Extended Hours – The library stays open later during finals week. Saturday, May 9, the library is open until midnight (instead of 8:00 p.m.). Sunday – Wednesday, the library is open until 2:00 a.m. See all finals week hours here.
Silent Study Room – that’s right, this room is 100% silent. It’s Room 12, along the west wall of the library basement. The room seats 8 people, and everyone in the room takes a vow of silence, including no talking, whispering, cell phones, etc.!
Quiet Study and Group Study Areas – Use the library floorplans to identify officially-designated quite areas and group study rooms. Room 121 on the first floor will be open in the evenings as an additional study area.
Individual Study Rooms – These small rooms are along the walls on the east side of the basement. While some of these are reserved, others are open and available on a walk-up basis.
Extra Computers – During finals week, the library will open the instruction classroom, which is Room 30 in the basement. It’s like another computer lab.