Murphy Library has many resources available to help you do your absolute best during finals week!
Free Coffee (while supplies last) – Dining Services and Murphy Library are providing free coffee in Murphy’s Mug cafe. Times are:
- Monday, May 13th – 10:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 14th – 10:00 p.m.
Pet a Therapy Dog – Teams from the Coulee Region Humane Society will be bringing in their dogs for petting on the first floor of the library. Times are:
- Monday, May 13th – 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 14th – 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
De-stress Activities – Need a break from staring at your computer? We will have several activities available to help you decompress.
- A coloring station is set up near the book displays on the main floor.
- Chess sets are available in the display cases on the main floor of the library. Ask someone at the Circulation Desk if you’d like to check one of them out.
- Board games are available in the Curriculum Center on the 2nd floor.
Extended Hours – The library stays open later during finals week. See all hours here.
- Saturday, May 11: 10:00 a.m. – Midnight
- Sunday, May 12: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Monday, May 13: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 14: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 15: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Thursday, May 16: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Friday, May 17: 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Reference Services are available from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on weekdays during finals.
Silent Study Room – that’s right, this room is 100% silent. It’s Room 12, along the west wall of the library basement. The room seats 8 people, and everyone in the room takes a vow of silence, which includes no talking, whispering, cell phones, etc.!
Quiet Study and Group Study Areas – Use the library floorplans to identify officially-designated quite areas and group study rooms. Room 121 on the first floor will be open in the evenings as an additional study area.
Individual Study Rooms – These small rooms are along the walls on the east side of the basement. While some of these are reserved, others are open and available on a walk-up basis.
Extra Computers – During the last weeks of the semester, the library will open the instruction classroom, Room 30 in the basement, which can be used as another computer lab. Please note there is no printer available in Room 30.