How can Murphy Library help you do your absolute best during finals week? Use the resources below to keep your study groove going:
Free Coffee (while supplies last) – Dining Services and Murphy Library are providing free coffee in Murphy’s Mug cafe. Times are:
- Friday, December 14 – 9:30 pm (while supplies last)
- Saturday, December 15 – 8:30 am (while supplies last)
Pet a Therapy Dog – Teams from the Coulee Region Humane Society will be bringing in their dogs for petting on the first floor of the library. Times are:
- Laura and her Corgi, Ginger, will be here on Thursday, December 13 – 1 to 3pm
- Leif and his German Shepherd, Kelevra, will be here on Friday, December 14 – 1 to 3pm
De-stress Activities – Need a break from staring at your computer? We will have several activities available to help you decompress.
- Board games are available in the Curriculum Center on the second floor of the library
- Snowflakes – Materials are available at the circulation desk to create paper snowflakes
Extended Hours – The library stays open later during finals week. See all hours here.
- Thursday, December 13, Study Day: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Friday, December 14: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Saturday, December 15: 7:30 a.m. – Midnight
- Sunday, December 16: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Monday, December 17: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 18: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 19: 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Silent Study Room – that’s right, this room is 100% silent. It’s Room 12, along the west wall of the library basement. The room seats 8 people, and everyone in the room takes a vow of silence, including no talking, whispering, cell phones, etc.!
Quiet Study and Group Study Areas – Use the library floorplans to identify officially-designated quite areas and group study rooms. Room 121 on the first floor will be open in the evenings as an additional study area.
Individual Study Rooms – These small rooms are along the walls on the east side of the basement. While some of these are reserved, others are open and available on a walk-up basis.
Extra Computers – During the last weeks of the semester, the library will open the instruction classroom, which is Room 30 in the basement. It’s like another computer lab, except there is no printer in the room.