The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse invites applications for a Library Services Assistant Senior. This position reports to Collection Development librarian and the main duties of this position are to promote, accept, order, receive, and process resource requests in print and electronic formats; specifically for the curriculum center and multimedia collection. This position will also supervise student employees who perform a variety of collection related tasks. In addition to demonstrating a commitment to multiculturalism, diversity and inclusive excellence and an ability to work with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds, the successful candidate will have the following knowledge/skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, etc.) or Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of e-mail (i.e., Gmail, Outlook) functions including electronic calendars.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with supervisor to establish job priorities, projects, and timelines; utilize and manage student workers to help accomplish these job tasks.
- The ability to multi-task when necessary.
- Possess an attention to details and time lines/due dates despite frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and protocols in a library setting.
- Ability to meet and work effectively with people across multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment regarding confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to maintain and enhance professional competencies by participating in professional development workshops, seminars, and training sessions, related to current position responsibilities.
- Knowledge of library processes, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of budget processes.
- Knowledge of ordering, managing and maintaining library collections.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of integrated library systems.
- Knowledge of collection development processes in a library setting.
This is a part-time position (.75).
First review of applications starts April 4, 2106.
For the full posting, please see https://employment.uwlax.edu/