Welcome to new and continuing students! We hope your semester gets off to a great start!
What’s new at Murphy Library this semester?
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
- Work is underway to clean and repair the panels that make up the outer facade of the library. Some areas will be temporarily blocked off from time to time.
- Photocopiers are now multifunction machines that scan items to email or external drives. To make paper copies at these machines, please visit the administrative office between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. where staff will assist you and you can pay them directly for copies.
- The six public access workstations have been reconfigured. Two are standing computer stations with access restricted to library resources and government websites – no login required. The other four are seated computer stations with access to all resources – NetID login required. Members of the public can use the new ID kiosk to get a temporary login to use on the four seated computers.
New resources include:
- JStor Arts & Sciences XIV – new subset of full text articles from core journals in many disciplines
- JStor Business IV – new subset of full text articles from core journals in business administration
- Artstor – high quality reproductions of artwork, photographs, artifacts, etc from museums, artists and archives from around the world. All images are cleared for educational use. Useful for numerous disciplines, including art and visual studies, history, communication studies, anthropology, archaeology, global studies, sociology, theater, and others.
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets Provides simple and refined searching of the Data-Planet repository of standardized and structured statistical data, and others. Datasets include public-domain and licensed information.
Due to state budget cuts, the following resources are being eliminated during the year:
- Applied Science & Technology (unavailable beginning 8/31//2015)
- Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries (ASFA) (unavailable beginning11/30/2015)
- Art & Architecture Complete
- Book Review Index
- Current Index to Statistics
- Ethnic Newswatch
- Labor & Employment Law Library
- PressDisplay (unavailable beginning 9/30/2015)
- Public Affairs Index
- Sociological Abstracts (unavailable beginning 2/29/2016)
- Zoological Record
- The very majority of print magazines and newspapers
- The print and electronic books (in circulating and reference collections) acquisition budget was cut by 7%
- All binding of materials is ceased
Let us know if you have questions about any of these or other resources.